Leviathan raid is an end-game activity for 6 players. For the team that knows what to do it should take +-1 and half of an hour. For inexperienced group 3/4 hours – but may be more (all depends on skill, communication and a bit of luck). To be honest, the class doesn’t really matter – of course, it’s good to have at least one tank (for barrier) and one warlock for dmg up rift – but it’s not necessary for completion. So take what you feel best with and be prepared to change subclasses – it may come in handy. As for weapons – high dmg ones, and for energy and power – take a variety of weapons as you will need different elemental attunements (though high-level rocket launchers can speed some things up). The recommended power level is 270, lowest to enter is 260. Fights in the raid scale like that 260,270,280. So it may be wise to have average higher than 280. But it’s all up to the team, higher power level just makes things simpler.One more thing completing a full section of raid give you the checkpoint token. So before the reset team can continue the raid from it (though remember that if you will go with another team, you can use only the checkpoint with the least progressed member).
This room is a hub, with doors for all other sections of the raid, and it has a repeatable challenge in it. You will need to do it every time to open next doors.
Challenge here is like Capture The Flag game. The team needs to do 2 things – protect their own standard, and capture 3 enemy standards. It’s not very complicated but there are few tricks for it.
- To capture enemy standard you need to kill Standard Bearer – he will drop an item which you need to pick up and bring to your “base”.
- When you pick up the standard, Standard Liberators will come to bring it back, they are mini-bosses but not so hard to kill. Though there is one trick they have..
- Councillors – an enemy with a bubble around – you can kill them only with a melee strike. While they are alive, Liberators have an unbreakable shield – so kill them ASAP.
One more advice – split into 2 groups: hunters and defenders. Hunters (2 guardians) should go and hunt for Standard Bearers, when one of them is carrying item, 2nd one should protect him. 4 guardians should defend the “base”, 2 should be always in place and 2 may be doing little roam – to collect ammo and kill councillors – of course change roles inside defending team as needed.
Challenge here is to kill all warhounds – sounds simple, but you can’t just go and attack them as they will wipe the whole team.
- Shooting flowers at the right time
- Guiding roamers, looking at the dogs
- Jump from rock to rock while avoiding jumping dogs (if you are on the rock you are safe, but they can spot you while you are jumping)
- Killing Beast Handlers ASAP as they come in
- Sneaking through the forest from flower to flower
- Leading roamers to not get caught up by warhound
- Deciding when to hide, when to run
- Staying in touch with spotters
- Staying behind leader
- Move as fast as it’s possible
- Call only if something bad happens (warhound from the back)
- You can gain stack of empower (multiply dmg) by coordinating flower destruction with roaming team
- Stay out of sight of warhounds (if they see you fight phase begin)
- Kill beast handlers
- 30 seconds to deal as much dmg as it’s possible to warhounds
- You can repeat that phase 3 times max (but it’s really possible to do with only 1 fight phase)
So let’s break it down into step-by-step mini guide:
- First, clear the room from enemies, collect ammo – would be great if everyone will get their power ammo level to max (best weapons: Curtain Call, Sins of the Past, Merciless)
- Divide into 2 groups – 2 guardians as Spotters, and 4 guardians as Roamers
- Spotters grab orbs (Prism weapons) and go to their sides respectfully (left and right), Roamers drop to the trap room and pick up the spores.
- Spotters should call where the flowers at (Flowers “wake up” in pairs) it’s good to call them, for example, L1, L2, L3 (for left ones), R1, R2, R3 (for right ones) Cave and Tree. (so all 8 flowers will have a name)
- Roamers Leader decide which flower will be first. Spotters observe dogs around to help the leader in decision making.
- When Roamers are near the plant, one of the spotters shot at it so the team gains bonuses. Roamers run to hide, and both spotters kill Beast Handlers (2 after each flower)
- Repeat until you get the max bonus (60x) or until you get caught and fight phase begins.
- Attack warhounds as strong as you can (it’s wise to divide team for lefties/righties (3-3) or to call one person per one dog – to maximize the dmg output). Remember one thing though it’s better to not kill any dog if you cant kill all of them. So if you are not sure that you will kill all dogs, just get them as low as you can. (If you kill them, they will much easier go relentless – so it’s easier to accidentally turn into fight phase).
- If the beasts are not dead remember to hide in the trap room within 30 seconds, or you will wipe.
Below there is a map of the room made by Mark Bell on Reddit:
Here is video (from the point of view of spotter) made by sweatcicle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f3_6a9DdAI
At first it may look really difficult but to be honest this room hardest part is just not dying. The goal here is to destroy 9 purple crystals. In my opinion, it’s the easiest part.
What do we need to know before starting the challenge in this room? Guardians need to be split into 2 teams of 3. 1st team covers left side, 2nd right. On both sides, there are 2 plates covered with water which deals constant damage. To avoid it you need to have a buff on yourself. To receive the buff you just need to simply take the orb. In every team, 2 guardians will stay on the plates and one will be the runner – taking buff and switching with one staying member – so it will be like constant rotation in like V shape. For example, Runner grabs the orb and runs to the 1st guardian, he becomes the runner now. He is grabbing the orb and running to the 2nd guardian, which will run for the orb and change 3rd guardian (our 1st runner).
Staying on the plates will lift the chains up – when all chains will be lifted 2nd phase will begin.
To make crystals vulnerable guardians needs to stay on the middle platform – it’s wise to make 1-2 guardians protect others – destroyers of the crystals. They should be destroyed in 2-3 runs.
Just when countdown for dealing dmg ends, the Councillor will land on the platform killing everybody who is near it. Kill him, then kill the 2nd one who will come. And start from the beginning. You can do it as many times as you want – there is no limit.
Be aware though! Every member got one revive token, and when somebody dies team has only 30 seconds to revive him – if not – wipe.
So again step-by-step:
- To start the challenge and trigger enemies, five players must simultaneously jump onto the platforms with the Orbs on (at the beginning there is one orb on the center (the one that refills) and 4 on each platform).
- Stay on platforms (though remember your life is more important than staying on the platform, hide behind block if you need to refill life), kill enemies, switch with runners, until you drop the chains down. Good communication may come in handy – runner can always stay a little longer to help with enemies, but he/she needs to be aware of buff time left on another member on his side.
- When 2nd phase begins to run to the middle and jump on the platform, destroy as many crystals as possible – 5 will be optimal if you want to do it with 2 phases. Remember that someone needs to protect destroyers. Jump off the platform when you have 3-5 seconds left to avoid dying.
- Kill Councillors.
Here is a video made by Mtashed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPQVVA5Htn0
The goal is to bring orbs into the center room.
One person per each platform (so 4 platform guys) and 2 runners. [there is 2nd strategy that calls 2 ppl per one runner, i will explain it later]
A runner needs to call row, and the person on the correct plate with its team member from other plate need to shoot arrows other than raw called by the runner. So for example call,”dogs middle” means you need to shoot top and bottom.
To do this effective team need to pair itself into smaller teams so they can shoot simultaneously into the arrows.It’s really hard to explain, easier to watch it, so I will break it down step-by-step and then again provide some videos.
- To start 4 players need to jump on their plates.
- Killing enemies will spawn 2 orbs (near chalice and dog platforms), runners need to pick them.
- Runners will run through an obstacle course and they will see the unbreakable wall with holes in it. They need to call witch row is red (to see it, guardian need to stay on the respective platform), after call guardian from the platform and 2nd one need to shoot at the same time into the arrows other than called by runner above the platform. Wall will break and the runner can grab the orb and run further. (Here as you can see you don’t need to stand on the platform all the time, you just need to go with your running partner, so the team of 2 can support one runner – stand on the plate he/she will need, and shoot together at the arrows – it’s easier tactic, as you are mobile, harder to kill)
- Kill scions!
- After completing course runner will be teleported back to the room where he/she needs to dunk the orb.
- Repeat 3 times. (so 6 orbs in the middle)
- Now everyone becomes a runner – but on each wall, only 4 orbs are spawned (if you miss 2 – you’ll die). So call orbs to not leave any, and care for ppl who missed one. 3 people need to complete the course to clear the room.
Here video by TKGaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HEtlbJEoA
(he says only 1 need to survive but it’s not true, unfortunately :()
THE BOSS (Calus)
Calus fight is really easy if you break it down step-by-step. The mechanic isn’t really demanding, but you need to have surroundings awareness and good communication.
- Before fight, lay down 2 teams (real world and another dimension one (3-3)), and the way you will jump on the platforms on 3rd phase (for example clock-wise starting at chalice).
- The boss will attack with a laser beam – hide behind the wall and he will change his target.
- 2nd phase will require attention from real life team. Calus will begin to charge his super attack, shot him to take down his shield but be aware that when you destroy it you will stop the attack and jump to phase 3, and you don’t want to do it to quickly. At the same time team in the other dimension will fight with flying skulls – killing them will grant you buff multiplying the dmg. (The wizard extra orb from rift can be helpful) Then when to break his shield? You will get the timing right with few tries. How many skulls are best result? Around 60 should be enough.
- It’s possible to kill Calus in one phase 3 but if you didn’t manage to do it, don’t worry you can repeat it as long as everyone’s alive.
- Other dimension team remember to jump only from wall to wall, if you will jump at any other time you will die and wipe your team.
- At the 3rd phase all players should jump on one plate and deal dmg, remember to change plates in time
I will break it step-by-step:
- Shot the chalice to start the fight.
- Kill all enemies.
- 3 guardians that want to fight in the “real world” call out and grab the orbs, other 3 stays in the other dimension.
- Team from other dimensions call the symbols one at a time (everyone sees another symbol), real-world team kill enemies, survive and melee scion which symbol WASN’T called out.
- Repeat 4 times.
- Kill skulls/break the Calus shield.
- Jump on a plate and deal as much dmg as you can, golden gun ult comes in handy.
- Run from plate to plate until the boss dies or phase 1 will start anew.
- When his life is at 0… SHOT HIM MORE – he still can wipe the raid. Seriously!
The video part again by Mtashed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOySIn6yE9k
Congratulations, you’ve completed Leviathan raid! Hope you dropped nice rewards!
See you in the game, Guardians!